Thursday, June 12, 2014

Happy Birthday, Maggie!

My girl is thirteen today.  Its funny because it seems like she has been at least thirteen for a couple of years.  To think that just a few hours ago she was twelve is weird for me because she seemed so much older than twelve.  So, thirteen isn't a big mental stretch for me.

Maggie has been the biggest helper this year and this summer specifically.  She has turned into such a wise and mature and patient and unselfish and compassionate young woman.  She is one of my best friends (in a health mom and daughter where I'm still one to be respected way) and I love being around her.  I have been floored by what a big help she is without me asking.  This year (with five busy kids and two working parents) she has been such a help cooking dinners when she is home with the kids and this summer she has helped me so much with the kids and the laundry and I never even asked once.  I have come home almost every day this summer and our laundry is done and folded.  The kids are happy.  She has taken the lead role in making sure everyone gets their typhoid meds taken each morning.  And so on. . .  She is wonderful and I am so proud of her and so impressed with her.  She blows me away!

She is fun.  She's a great friend.  She is sensitive.  She loves big.  She's the best sister I have ever seen.

We're heading to Rwanda in less than a week and she is going to be such a big help with the kids while I'm in class and I have zero concern leaving them with her.  She will be fair and kind and encouraging.  I'm so thankful that I have her to lean on.

She has changed my life for the better and I truly don't know what I would do without her.  I love her so much and I am just floored in every way by how amazing she is.

Mag, you're the best and I love you more than you could ever fathom!!!

No comments: