Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wheat Free Twins

So, we are taking a trial week of wheat free for the "twins."  Why?  Well, for a few reasons. . .  where to begin?

First of all, wheat isn't great for us.  It just isn't.  When I stay away from it, I feel so much better.  That is one thing I've realized on these products and with this new healthy lifestyle.  When I stay away from the things that aren't good for me (like wheat), I just feel better.  Do I still eat wheat?  Some.  I'm not really the die hard type when it comes to food.  But I feel awful when I eat it.

Secondly, I have read and heard that taking wheat out of his diet could be great for Tiki.  I've heard it from other adoptive parents.  I've heard it from other parents of children with some issues.  I've read about it.  I actually tried to be wheat free for Tiki, but that only lasted about 6 hours.  I just didn't have the motivation.  There was a will, but it wasn't strong enough and so I didn't really make the way.

Third, Dax has been struggling with major tummy issues as well as skin issues and this really annoying habit of sniffing all of the time and he doesn't even realize he is doing it.  Well, yesterday I was talking with a girl friend and she told me that they have tried to go wheat free for one of their boys because he was sniffing all of the time and his skin was weird. . . .

So, I have me and Tiki and Dax all maybe needing to be wheat free.  We're going to try.  We're going to give it a week.  For this week I'm going to try to be wheat free for the twins.  Will I be able to tell a difference in a week?  I have no idea.  I'm hoping for some sign that it is working either with Tiki's behavior or with Dax's sniffing or skin or tummy.

We'll reevaluate after this week.  Will I ever be a 100% stickler?  I doubt it.  But let me give it a week before I make any drastic statements.  I think, like with most things, moderation is the key.  I don't think being extreme is wise.  I don't think saying "ever" or "never" or whatever is wise.  I just want to see.  What is wheat doing to my boys?  Can I be consistent?  So many questions.  We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: