Thursday, December 19, 2013

Point of View

I had a neat moment with my kids the other day while we were traveling and it was a great reminder to me of how point of view and optimism makes such a difference.  We were in a cab at the Houston airport and Dax said, "look at that big hole with the sign in it!"  Well, I couldn't see the hole or the sign, but for some reason, my mind immediately went to "do not enter" or "keep out" signs.  Not a big deal.  But at the same time, Gabby said, "it probably says, if you have a rope, just climb out!"  Her voice was so chipper and innocent and I realized immediately that I want her initial and immediate optimism.  Why did my mind go immediately to negative?  Why did her mind go immediately to positive.  And I don't think it is because she is naive or lacks worldly perspective.  So, that was my lesson of the day wake up call to try and be more optimistic.

No comments: