Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Tiki!

o2.o3.o4 that's the birthday we picked for you.  I have no idea when you were born or what circumstances surrounded your birth.  I don't know much about you from that date until you became mine, but that really doesn't change much.  Today I think about your "tummy mommy."  Where is she?  What is she doing?  Is she alive?  Does she think about you?  Does she miss you?  Why'd she let you go?  What is she like?  I don't know.  I don't know any of it.  It isn't mine to know.

But today we celebrate you!  You've had the flu this week and today is your first day out of bed.  I'm not sure if your presents even held a candle to you getting out of bed and out of your room and out of this house!  You're thrilled!  I'm sitting in my room watching you and Dax be brothers outside.  Sledding and snow boarding and wrestling in the snow.  You've changed our lives so much and I am mostly happy that you and Dax have one another!  The two of you are blessed.

We've struggled.  You're still figuring it out.  I'm still figuring it out.  You're learning to control your impulses and to try and stay focused.  I am learning to be patient and to see the good behind all you do.  It has been a hard road and I know that turning 9 won't make it any easier.  It has also been a fun road full of huge smiles and much laughter!  You've made our family more three dimensional and I know that all seven of us are better because we have one another!

You're still the happiest person I've ever met.  Your outlook on life is so cup is half full (probably more like the cup is 99% full even if it is only 50% full).  You are loving and you care deeply.  You're fun and you love without boundaries.  There is so much I could learn from you. 

I'm thankful for you.  I love you.

No comments: