Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving

Oh my!  I just realized that I didn't post about our fun Thanksgiving.  What have I been doing?!?

After break, when people would ask me how was your Thanksgiving, I gave them all the same answer: relaxing.  It was just what we needed.  Andy was home for an entire week and we just enjoyed time together. . .just the seven of us almost the entire week!  We put puzzles together and the boys went golfing and Andy took the kids to see movies.  It was so nice.  There was no school for the week, so we slept until 8 and laughed a lot!  It was perfect!

On Thursday, we did fry a turkey (our newest tradition) and we walked over to the home of our friends for a nice lunch.  It was a great day.

We have SO much to be thankful for and it was nice not to get caught up in the chaos and just enjoy those six people that I am the most thankful for.  That is what I was the most struck by this Thanksgiving:  how much I love and cherish my six favorite people!
Chillin' in the driveway while Andy & Hays fry the turkey!
Yes, we had a fire. . .a rather large one, but I missed the picture of the actual flames because my camera was in my pocket.  Exciting!!!
Andy was so proud of his turkey!

No comments: