Tuesday, December 4, 2012

He Was (Is) Proud

This is part II of my post from earlier this morning.  I don't know about you, but sometimes I only wake up with part of my dream and then the rest comes to me later.  Well, on the way down the hill to take the kids to school today, I was overwhelmed with how proud Pappy was (is) of me.  In my dream, while I was spending time with him, I remember being so sad that he was missing my life.  I was sad that he was missing my kids and watching me be a mom and seeing who they are becoming.  I vividly remember that sadness.  But I also remember how proud he was of me.  I can see the look in his eyes right now.  He was so proud of me. 

I didn't realize how much I needed that until this morning.  I don't think I necessarily needed Pappy to be proud of me (he always way so proud of me), but I think I just needed to hear from someone, "good job."  So, this morning, I am refreshed with "good job."  It's simple, but it is so impacting to just hear that.  Thanks, Pappy!

1 comment:

HappilyHidden said...

Such a beautiful story....I am a big "dreamer" too and from what you wrote, I dont doubt for a second that what you experienced was real. This is a topic most refuse to admit they believe in, but I believe very much that your Pappy was with you last night. What a blessing.

me