Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Dreamed About Pappy

I dreamed about Pappy last night.  (Pappy was my grandfather on my dad's side.  He died in 2002.)  He and I were just sitting in a coffee shop talking.  I was telling him everything that was going on in my life and I got to tell him how much I miss him.  We cried and laughed and cried some more.  I'm not sure why I had that dream, but I woke up feeling a little sad because I do miss him dearly, but a little bit like I've been in a good counseling session.

My Pappy was amazing.  He was driven and tough and hard working.  He was such a gentleman and he loved me so big.  He was one of my favorite people in the whole world and I do still miss him so much!  I have so many wonderful memories of him and I just wish my kids could know the man I loved so much. 

Anyway, I dreamed of an afternoon with my Pappy and I'm thankful that I got another unexpected one. . . if only in my dreams!

No comments: