Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Hays!

Fourteen years ago today my life changed forever and I am a better and happier person because of it!  I have never been as happy as when they put Hays into my arms.  There is nothing in the world like that!  It was real I'd-do-anything-for-you-and-die-for-you-without-thinking-true-love at first sight!  I felt like I was holding the entire world in my arms.  I loved him immediately and still love him more than I can describe!

Hays, I love you!  I love you so much!  You've done so much growing up this past month and you have handled everything with such maturity and compassion.  I've been so proud of you!  I've hurt so much for you and with you.  I've loved having you crawl up in my lap and cry like you were my little bitty guy again (loved the crawling up in my lap part, not the hurting part).  You've been so compassionate and empathetic and sweet.  I'm so amazed by the realness I have seen in you this past month.  You're a great kid!

Many times I've posted about my song for you, "I Wish" by Heather Headley.  One verse says:
I wish you rainy days
So you can know the beauty of a clear blue sky.
I wish you falling leaves
So you'll understand that seasons change.

You've see rainy days and falling leaves lately and I have hated it so badly for you, but I am thankful that you have seen these "rainy days" so you can be thankful for "a clear blue sky" and now you do know, first-hand, that seasons change.  The whole song expresses so perfectly what I truly do wish for you and this verse is no exception.

Anyway, wow--that got sappy and sad (I'm crying. . .again), I didn't mean to go there.  I'm just so proud of my boy!  He's wonderful and I couldn't be happier to call him my son!

Happy birthday, Hays!  I love you more than you'll ever understand!
P.S. I know you're frustrated that I'm missing your birthday this year because I am with Maggie in India.  I am sorry.  I wasn't thinking very well when I planned this trip.  I wish I was with you today.  I wish I could hug you today.  Love you, buddy. . . so much!

No comments: