Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My Teaching Degree

So, I went to Baylor only interested in finding a husband.  School was just a means to my end.  I chose Secondary Education honestly hoping I would never have to use it.  I loved my times in the classroom and my student teaching semester so that love for teaching was definitely tucked away in the back of my brain.

Fast forward 15 years. . .Gabby is going to school this year and we need a little extra money, so I have been meaning to apply to substitute teach in the Durango school district. 

A few weeks ago, I got an email from the principal at Grace Prep in Durango.  She said that she had heard (from our Men's Director, Luke) that I was interested in subbing.  She asked me to have coffee with her to talk about that possibility last week.

She and I met and I loved it!  But almost immediately in the conversation, she said that she didn't want to beat around the bush and that she felt I was an answer to prayer.  (I was confused.)  To make a long a wonderful story short, she offered me a very part time (one hour a week during the Spring semester) job co-teaching the Seniors Worldview class with her (did she ask the wrong Braner?!!?).  So fun and so perfect! 

I'm so excited to be working with her!  I'm excited that I am going to be using my mind!  I'm excited to be able to make a commitment to teach that is only an hour a week!  This isn't going to do much for finances, but I think it is going to do wonders for my spirit!  I'm on faculty! 

So, that is my fun news for the week!  I cannot wait for January to be here so that I can get started.  In the meantime, I need to attend all of Andy's Institute classes this summer so that I can know something about what it is I am supposed to be teaching!!!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Fantastic!!! I am so thrilled for you! That sounds like a wonderful for all parties involved:)!

Denise said...

How perfect is that??!! I love what God is working in youuuu!

~ko said...

Oh my word!!! That is incredible! What a wonderful way to reach so many kids! Very very happy for you!

Zane Wooder said...

You would be awesome teacher. Even if it means your just a
substitute teacher.

-Zane of ontario honey