Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Long Time No Blog

Oh my! Where have I been? Well, to be honest, I have just been computer overwhelmed/frustrated! This new thing that Google has going on where you have to be signed in with your Google account has really been frustrating me and so I've just opted for "forget it" instead of "figure it out and do it." Well, it is way overdue for me to blog, so I am doing it! So sorry!

Girls Trip 2011

Jennafer was in charge of planning the girls trip this year and we had a BLAST!  She took us to the Riviera Maya outside of Cancun and we got to stay at a relaxing spa resort on the ocean.  It was hotter than blue blazes, but we had a great time together reading in the shade and enjoying the spa!  I love being with Jen and my mom!  We laughed so hard.  They are two of my best friends and I would go to the North Pole or the moon with them if it just meant that we could laugh together!




Soccer

Tiki and Gabby are playing soccer this fall and they are loving it!  They are playing much better than last season and it is fun to see their progress!





Happy Birthday, Hays!

This may be the real reason that I haven't been blogging.  I think I am in denial.  I cannot believe that my baby boy is a teenager.  I am in such denial that I couldn't even put the "13" candle on his cupcakes.  I bought them and they just sat there.  I couldn't do it.  I cannot believe that my very first love at first sight who was this darling helpless little newborn is now a young man.  He is sweet and thoughtful and smart and funny and talented.  He snowboards and plays the guitar and loves to read and draw and create.  My baby is thirteen.  Where has the time gone.

So, there is my confession. . .my boy is getting older and I am in denial. . .that is really why blogging has been on the back burner (and Google, too).

I love you, Hays!



Fall Leaves in the San Juans

This past weekend, Andy and Luke rode their bikes from Durango to Ouray.  Huge undertaking!  So, the kids and I gave them a five hour head start and headed into the mountains to get them and to enjoy the beauty of Fall in the mountains.  It was breath-taking!  I really felt like I was in a beautiful painting.  AMAZING!!!  I really wish the pictures did the view justice, but I think that only your eye can take in the kind of beauty God does in Colorado each Fall.  It is indescribable, even with digital photography!  WOW!!!





Happy October

It is October.  It seems like September lasted several years.  Braner Party of 7 has several fun things to look forward to this month and I will happily blog about them!  I am back on board!  So, Happy October to all of you and you will be hearing from me soon!  Promise!

No comments: