Wednesday, October 5, 2011

BIG HAIR


Today was new hair do day for Gabby!  She was so tough and we had SO MUCH fun!  It turned out a little bigger (okay, a lot) than I expected, but I am still so proud of myself.  Fun curly braids for a change!!!  (And the best part is that it only took four and a half hours and there were virtually no tears!)

First we had to go from the afro to corn rows so that we had something to attach the pre-braided and pre-curled extensions to.
This is once we had the curls in three of the rows (and then a tester in the front).

2 comments:

Tara said...

Ok tell all! I can add extensions and braid , but I cannot cornrow, how do you attach pre braided hair to cornrows?

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

LOVE IT! I just found your blog. I LOVE YOUR HEART FOR ADOPTION! I spent 3 months before I was married in an orphanage with YWAM in Mozambique. I have always wanted to adopt. I too live in Colorado and have adopted a sweet little chocolate girl from Vanuatu (a small island chain in the south Pacific.) We have 4 kids 3 from pregnancy and one from adoption while we were living and working as missionaries over in Vanuatu. I would LOVE to adopt more but am praying my husband will come to the same conclusion. I really struggle with my daughters hair. I am not good at it! I cannot unfortunatly afford to have it done as it looks frizzy shortly after. I have started following www.chocolatehairvanillacare.com and am getting help from Rory but what can you tell me about price and maintnance for these kind of extensions. My daughter is only two is she too young? I am in Trinidad Colorado but my husband right now is spending the week working in Silverton right now doing data and telecom stuff. He wants to move to Durango but my parents are here. Until we can get them to move we are here too. Love to keep in touch. I have tons to learn about raising adopted ones and dealing with multi cultural race issues as they grow up. My blog is www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com mainly a crafty diy healthy etc blog Ps I was just looking for some ideas of small local charity that has a feeding programs in Southern Africa any ideas of trusted organizations there?