Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quotes

I just picked up my journal that I started in 2005 when we began the adoption process for our China baby. It is amazing where that journey has taken us. Anyway, I just wanted to share some of the quotes that I have glued in the front of my journal.

"Find a path that captures your heart and follow it to the end."
-Unknown

"Where there is great love, there are always wishes."
-Willa Cather

"Love builds bridges where there are none."

-R.H. Delaney

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain."

-Emily Dickinson

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength.
Loving someone deeply gives you courage."

-Lao Tzu

"I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams. You are here each day with me, at least that’s how it seems. I know you wonder where we are. . . what’s taking us so long. But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong. Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin. . . because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind. May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you. I promise you, my darling, I’m doing all that I can do. Very soon you’ll have a family for real, not just pretend. But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind. May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight. And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night."
-Unknown

"Be assured that if God waits longer than you wish, it is to make the blessings all the more precious."
-Unknown

1 comment:

adoptionroad said...

Just wanted to shout out Amen to that last quote. We waited 10 years for LeighAnna. I had many talks with God about that. Then came LeighAnna and the world of adoption we love so much. Then China began to slow, my hubby got sent to Africa for a year and I had some more talks with God since I was quite puzzled as to what He had planned. Now I hold our second blessing and I know again, without doubt, that His plans are perfect. Both of my children did not come as I'd planned. God brought them to us in ways so far beyond our imagination and now I stand in awe of being allowed to be a witness to that miracle.